I’m hooking up today with Jana about BlogHer, the upcoming conference I’ll be attending with 4,500 other bloggers. I have killer roommates: Elaine, Jennifer, and Tracy. I just hope they don’t hate me after two hours. Fortunately Elaine has roomed with me before (Blissdom), so if I was that bad she wouldn’t do it again?
Let’s just say I have a lot of anxiety to begin with. And going to a conference of this magnitude has my adrenaline running at an all-time high. Frankly, if you read the following list of what I’m afraid of, you’ll probably laugh. But first you have to read Fadra’s awesome post (including snort-worthy vlog) about The Top 10 Faces of BlogHer. After reading the rest of this, it shouldn’t be hard to figure out which one(s) = me.
- I’m nervous you’ll approach me and I won’t immediately recognize you (see Fadra’s post). Or you won’t look like your avatar. Or your avatar isn’t your name. Which is why I will likely post some current photos or perhaps a short vlog later this week so that at least you’ll recognize me?
- I’m terrified I’ll miss all the sessions I’m dying to get into because seats will fill up too fast. And then there’s standing room only and I’ll be claustrophobic and trying to squeeze myself in somehow and will step on people’s feet and put my ass in their faces and apologize over and over as I tromp towards a tiny corner.
- What if I stink up the bathroom in the middle of the night due to nerves and all my roommates shun me? (yes, matches, I know, but still….)
- I’m a sweater. Not a J. Crew sweater or a Gap sweater. I mean I sweat. When I’m in panic mode. When I’m rushing around. When you make me nervous or I feel like I don’t belong, I sweat. So I may roar as you approach, “DON’T TOUCH ME, I’M SWEATY!”
- I’m going to Pathfinder Day. What if I can’t find my path?
- I can’t dance. Thus the idea of Sparklecorn makes me sweaty. However, Alex and Shosh have promised to show me their moves. The video alone (see below) makes me bubble up with excitement!
- This conference is so huge I’m worried I won’t get to meet everyone I want to. And even if I do, I’m behind on your blogs. So I’m stressed that you’ll hate me if I didn’t read that your little one is walking or that you scored a job in LA or that you’re pregnant or you miscarried or that your dog died or you got engaged or you were on tv for your new book. These things are important. YOU are important. I don’t expect everyone to know or remember everything about me, and I just pray you feel the same. Please tell me you do?
- I’m scared I’ll want to disappear. Blissdom was one thing, but BlogHer is…so much bigger. But I’m going. And dammit, I’m gonna dance.
Go HERE to view MamaPop’s Sparklekorn video from BlogHer ’11.